Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whirlygiggles, again

Remember Alison's fabric scraps?  This is what I did with them.  I couldn't think of a better way to showcase the bright and beautiful prints.  It measures 55 x 77 at this point, so I will add a border to make it a twin size quilt, and then it will become another quilt top to be added to the " to-be-quilted" pile.    

Here are some close-up pics of the favorites.  


Here is a Quinn update for my Mom.
- 27 pounds
- one molar, three to go
- several dancing moves, including side scoot while shaking his bottom
- plays the piano one finger at a time (When he feels like it.  When he doesn't, check pic.)
- says "blah, blah" while handing me a slobbered up object
- brings a sippy cup from the drawer when he is thirsty
- wants to be held when he has a messy diaper
- gives out open mouth kisses on request
- unlimited smile for everybody 

13 comments:

1384 n said...

I LOVE it! You are so fast!

twoplustwins said...

Marie,
the quilt turned out beautiful! You really can get something done fast when you decide. I would still be cutting out and hope within the next three months to have it sewn. the colors really are beautiful and the quilt shows them well.
~Kim

nannergirl said...

Love the quilt! And your son is so adorable :)

Growinguptogether said...

Both Quin and the quilt are so cute!!! I'm amazed at where you find the time.
Danny is in a French immersion program at school, hence we are hearing a lot of French lately.

Allison said...

I think it is gorgeous. You ARE fast!!!

I almost finished the dress last week, but made a mistake on the ruffle. I went to take out the stitches only to find the kids broke my seam ripper. I didn't have time to buy another one because I was getting ready to leave on my trip. But now I'm back and I plan on buying a new seam ripper tonight and hopefully I'll finish the dress this weekend. Wish me luck!

Marie' said...

Allison,
I kept checking your blog to see the dress. You should have called me for the seam ripper. I would have brought it to you, and helped you take the seam out, too.

You are so, so close to finishing it. Good luck!!!

jacquie said...

ooooh, do i love a whirlygiggle...this is so great! quinn is a doll..love to see him playing the piano!

Mommymita said...

Wow! That looks great and to think I was about to throw out all the scraps.

You are fast! i keep checking to see a picture of fish egg pasta.

Quinn is such a big guy now! I love to see a happy baby.

Marie' said...

Kim,
I still want an invitation to view you guys' blog.

Meredith said...

Amazing! You are one talented lady.

Grandma's Musings said...

Thanks for the Quinn update for this grandma, too. You hadn't told me about his cute tricks. The quilt is wonderful. You're amazing!

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn W said...

I am so glad to hear you have a "to be quilted" pile as well. It's kind of fun though. I just pulled one out this week, and almost have a new quilt. I LOVE the whirlygiggle quilt - I think that pattern is one of my favorites. Yours is perfect with all the great fabrics!