Just a quick post to let you know what I have been up to. I am finally back in the groove.
This easy dress is the first of several projects I have planned for spring and summer.
Pattern: Style 114 of May 2009 Burda Magazine
Fabric: herringbone cotton from Japan (I love the bumpy texture and gauze-like softness of it.)
I first made a muslin with a $1/yd fabric I had on hand. It fit without any adjustments, so I ended up sewing it up to another dress.
Here is another gathered camisole for Asha. (the first one posted here.) I cut up my tunic. It was one of those "I will wear this when I loose weight" purchases. Now, two kids later, I would be happy if I could go back to the size I was then, and the tunic had to find a better purpose. I kept the side seams and bottom hem intact, so it ended up being a quick and fun project.