Tuesday, March 4, 2008

W.I.P.- Little Bits Quilt

Now that I finished Amy's baby quilt over the weekend, I am back working on the Little Bits Quilt.  I had been looking for some inspiration for a quilt that would suite a boy's bed and a guest bed at once.  Since we no longer have a spare bedroom, Jerome's queen bed would have to serve as a guest bed when we have company.  Or more like, Jerome is now sleeping in the guest bed.  I found just what I was looking for in the book Scott gave me for Christmas called Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
I finished the "Little Bits" last week, which was a lot of fun.  Next is assembling the rest of the quilt top.                   

2 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Marie,
Everything is so beautiful. You really are an artist! I can't wait to see the "little bits" quilt.
I have had a queen quilt that I have been working on since Eliza was a baby. I just finished the top but will have to wait a while to back it. To expensive to do now...someday.
It is so fun to see all your finished projects!
Love, Kim

Marie' said...

Kim,
I know what you mean about the back fabric. It does get expensive when you have to buy so much at once. I am going to use all the scrap from the front to piece part of the back on this one so I don't have to buy so much. I have seen people use flat sheets (new and used), too. Also, Moda has extra wide backing fabric (105-110 inch wide), which you can get on ebay for $10/yard (Ebay Store: Be Creative Quilting Fabric, search "xtra wide"). You would only need 2 yards for a twin quilt and 3 for a queen. I think it is a deal as well as a time saver.
I would love to see a picture of the top of your quilt!