Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cape Towel and Really Big Tote


Today I made some new "cape towels".  They are very easy to make as you can see, and are the perfect things for your kids at the pool/beach. After being frustrated with my kids dragging their wet towels on the ground/sand, it dawned on me that what we needed were some "cape towels", something my mom used to make for my brothers and me.  The towels stay on, the kids  still have both hands free, and they are kind of cool.  
I also made a HUGE tote.  I used light weight canvas I had bought long ago from a random fabric market in downtown Pittsburgh.  It holds all the towels, water bottles, diapers, change of clothes, and food, and I have free hands for Quinn and Kai. It is a  great improvement from the cumbersome laundry basket I used last year.  

*I used the dimensions from Lotta Jansdotter Handmade Project for the tote.  The book is not sold in the US, but you would be able to make this one easily if you have made any kind of tote before.  It measures 59 cm tall x 62 cm wide.  

4 comments:

Mommymita said...

Great Super Towel! I'm just jealous you have need of a beach tote right now. We are still dealing with mud and snow.

Marie' said...

It was nice talking to you yesterday. Good luck with your projects! I can't wait to see them.

adrianne said...

I forgot to tell you that I showed the canvas tote to my Mom when she was here. She wondered what in the world I would ever put in there.... I told her quite simply..."Hannah & Grant!" They really would fit in there!

Marie' said...

I'd bet you will be able to fit two more *u*