Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer, finally

The high is in the seventies, finally, and we are immersed in summer fun. Water park, pool, beach (Snake River), parks, sleepover, and a visit to the university creamery with cousins. Jerome and Asha have been working hard with house work and caring for the little boys to free up my time for such fun activities. It has been a blast.

I had never thought Kai and Quinn looked a like, until I saw this picture taken today.


Jerome, Asha, and Kai took swim lessons. It was Jerome and Asha's first time, and they loved it. Here is Kai with his instructor.


When an 11 year old has all afternoon to spend in the yard with his knife, this is what he comes up with. "Don't worry Mom. I only cut off the dead branches." he assures me.


Today was Jerome's 11th birthday. Since Scott is gone all week to Japan on business, we had the family celebration with Scott's side of the family last Sunday. Here he is with the big chocolate trifle I made.


Oops, wrong order. It took a while to light up all 11 candles.


I will try to take some pictures at the next water activity. I am usually busy chasing Quinn while making sure Kai is alive, so never remember to pull out the camera.


7 comments:

adrianne said...

you are actually in a picture! your hair is so long! and you look awesome... just so you know.

kai and quinn are so adorable! i'm so excited for grant to get to play with them. also... LOVE kai's sandals. yes, i noticed your son's sandals. i even made the picture larger so i could check them out. :)

miss you.

Gillian said...

I love that picture of Quinn & Kai. They look so grown up! Jonathan thinks Quinn is a mini-Scott. I can see some Marie there, too!

Peter starts mommy & me swimming lessons at a friend's pool in a couple of days, which may be a bit of a challenge, since he hates getting his face wet. I showed him Kai and said, "would YOU like to take swimming lessons like Kai?" "No." "If mama holds you?" "No." Hmmm...we'll see.

The chocolate trifle looks so delicious! Lucky birthday boy. ELEVEN?!? I can't believe that.

I love the bedroom-redo in your last post. There is something so fresh and crisp about gray. I was contemplating gray for our living room, but it's a little dark in there, and I chickened out and did cream. Now that I see Asha's room, I wish I had carried through!

We miss being there this summer! I was just remembering how much fun we had last year.

Marie' said...

Adrianne,
The sandals came from The Children's Place Outlet. Do you guys have an outlet mall close by?

Meredith said...

Hard to believe Jerome is actually 11! He looks so grown up! Happy birthday Jerome!

SuburbiaMom said...

Little Quinn is not so little now! Time does fly! Have a great summer!

Mommymita said...

Happy Birthday Jerome!

That triffle looks so good. The mention of the creamery sure tempts a visit - we are really not that far away in Ut now

Melissa said...

Quinn is soooo huge! How did he grow up so fast? How nice to have the extra help around the house. I'm jealous.