Friday, July 31, 2009

Japan Report: fabric purchased

The wonderful thing about sharing the same hobby as your mom is that she will walk all day in and out of fabric stores with you, tell you all about the different fabric and give you suggestions for projects, pay for all the fabric, and thank you at the end for the fun day.  I have the best mom.  We had so much fun!

Here is the Japanese fat quarters I got.  My mom got the same selection, so I can't wait to see what she makes with her stack.    
We didn't forget the backing fabric either.  Can you tell we love strawberries?
Some fabric for clothes.  The brown on top is a fine cotton for a dress, the purple is a liberty for a blouse, the cream is a double gauze for night gown, and the bottom is a denim-like knit.  
I have seen many Japanese sewing blog moms sew skinny jeans for their girls with this knit, so that is what I am going to try.  

Scott pointed out that my mom is one step ahead of me in the repentance process of the fabric addiction.  She has admitted.  She also has about four times as much fabric... after my mom and I did a "clean sweep (TLC)" of her work space that is.  Tomorrow I will show you what I inherited from her after the sweep.     

5 comments:

Mommymita said...

NOw I'm really jealous of your trip! I especially love the liberty - maybe your mom should start blogging so we can see what she does with her stash.

tell Scott you don't have a fabric addiction - that is people who buy a ton and never use it. You have a sewing addiction because you buy a ton then sew it all up. Besides if you read through the provident living page it suggests having fabric stored as well as food and hygiene items. You are just living providently..... well that is what I try to tell myself.

SuburbiaMom said...

Yeah--you are sewing with your fabric and not just hording it! You brighten someone's life with the things you create, whether it's a family member or stranger. Keep sewing!

Melissa said...

How awesome that you and your mom share the same hobby. The fabrics are really cute. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Meredith said...

The fabrics are beautiful! I can't wait to see what you will create.

Dena said...

Nice collection of fabric. I'm interested to see what you do with the Japanese fat quarters.