Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back from Paradise

We flew back very late last night from my brother's place in Hawaii.  We thought it would be really hot there, but my brother lives up on a hill and the breeze kept us nice and cool.  Beach, water park, late night visits to the Flowrider, hiking, Polynesian Cultural Center, running, cousin camp, and fun shopping kept us busy and happy.  When we were home, the kids were busy preparing for the talent show.  Erika, my brother's oldest, led her siblings and our kids and came up with a fun program.  I'm looking forward to the next reunion just for that.  It was so good.  Scott was spoiled by an unlimited food budget from my Mom, and barbecued some great dishes on my brother's new charcoal grill.  The highlight for me was the scallops wrapped in proscuitto.  He also made his apple pie (pictures here, scroll down a bit) three times upon request.  We finally got to meet my sister's fiancee, Daisuke, and were impressed!  We can't wait to have him join our family.               

Here is some fabric my Mom got me in Hawaii.  I never get tired of the beautiful prints.   


This is our first harvest from our garden.  
We worked on it tonight.  The pumpkins were trying to take over.  
Kai is still our garden lover.

6 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Sounds like so much fun and lots of yummy food. I am so envious of your garden. We worked so hard to plant and it has rained so much here that nothing seems to be growing and what is growing now seems to be plagued with molds and other diseased from all the moisture and no sun! Oh well...guess it was a good try, another year will hopefully be better.

Meredith said...

Sounds like you had a great time and delicious food! I'm jealous ;)

Allison said...

Your garden looks like a jungle too! None of our larger tomatoes have turned red yet--only a few cherry tomatoes. I had to pull out a bunch of our pumpkins. Your Hawaii trip sounded heavenly!

Mommymita said...

Hey - I'm glad you're back. I can't tell you how many times I needed some late night sewing consults. I can't wait to hear more about your trips and what you are going to sew up with the new fabric

Marie' said...

Kim,
That is so sad about your garden. Sounds like a problem people would have in Japan. I hope you will have better luck next year.

Allison,
I want to come over and see your garden some time.

Alison,
I finished laundry and unpacking today. The house is clean again. I just have to get over this cold so I can have some energy back to sew. Call me any time.

Melissa said...

So glad you had a great time with family. It must be extra special to see everyone because you live so far from each other. Kai is so adorable.