Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jerome turns 10!

It has been a long time since I last sewed anything worth posting.  Here are some of what I have been up to.  

-having lot's of fun with Scott's sisters and friends
-going to garage sales
-tending to our, now massive, garden (50 tomatoes!)
-making freezer meals for Tamsin and Dave, who bravely agreed to watch our children while Scott and I go to Japan (It is my first time going back home in four and a half years. My mom is so excited that she keeps calling and asking what I want to do.  I want to do everything!)
-starting a Japanese pattern sewing blog with Alison (Alison has done all the work.  All I do is talk to her on the phone everyday.)  
-sub a RS lesson (I hate it every time, but learn so much.)
-coordinating many meals for people in our church (There have been quite a few births, moves, illnesses, and accidents.)
  

Jerome turned ten today.  What a blessing it has been to have him for a whole decade!  My mom used to say, "Work hard and teach your first one well, so all the other children can follow the example."  I think we are on the right track.  I love his tender spirit, his honesty and willingness to choose the right.  He is also very creative and loves to teach.  Asha and Kai has learned a lot from him.        


 I don't know how it happened, but the birthday boy worked the hardest to put the party on.  Here he is, putting the finishing touches on his dream cake.  (note to self : Burgundy dye makes pink, not burgundy no matter how much dye you put in it.  Twizzlers, bizzed up in a blender can substitute for sprinkles for a mosaic effect.)  
  

Sharing his "Lego love" with his brother.  I live for sweet moments like this.    


Candles, binary clock style.  Scott's idea.  The boys thought it was so cool.  
   


Bendable Sculpy creations. 

Jerome, 5 months, in Costa Rica.  He still has the same smile.
We love you so much.   Happy Birthday!  

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Jerome! I can't believe how big he is getting.

Marie- sounds like you've been able to sew about as much this summer as I have :/ Have a great time in Japan!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to Jerome. I hope you have fun in Japan. I kidless trip sounds so dreamy.

Japanese Sewers said...

Happy Birthday Jerome - I like your cake!

Marie' - Thanks for you blog help - you know I wouldn't be Japanese sewing addict if it weren't for you. I can't wait to see what you bring back. That will make a great post!

I'm also jealous of all those freezer meals.

Grandma's Musings said...

Sorry we missed Jerome's birthday! We'll have to have another party when you get back. Wish we could have seen the beautiful cake in person. I'm also sorry we didn't get to see you before the trip to Japan. Have a great time!

Danae said...

Wow! Happy Birthday, Jerome! What a sweet boy. Marie - Have a great time in Japan! I am so excited for you and will be excited to hear about it. (I'll quit complaining that my sister lives 20 hours away - A 2 1/2 hr. flight!) Have a great time!