Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Knits from Fabric Fairy

I enjoy seeing pictures of fabric people purchase online.  I can see the fabric in a natural light and it gives me a better idea of the colors and texture.  So, here is my contribution. 

Fabric Fairy didn't disappoint with their selection or their quality.  Their Marimekko swim suit fabric is to die for as well.  I am going to tackle that next summer when Asha grows out of her current ones.   
    
The top two fabric in the first picture, "Summer Breeze Floral Cotton Knit by Baby Nay" and "White Dots on turquoise Blue Cotton Knit by Baby Nay" are super, super soft.  It would make a nice baby layette or even a blanket.  I am going to make a night gown for Asha.    
The large and bold dots are going to be perfect for a fun summer play dress.  
 I can't wait to start cutting and sewing!
Quinn turned 18 months today.  He went to nursery for the first time last Sunday, and acted like he had always been there.  Phew.       

8 comments:

dana said...

ohhhh, my little man is ONE month away from nursery. I CAN'T WAIT! :)

I'm loving that dot fabric. Excited to see what you'll make.

Meredith said...

The fabric is way cute! If I didn't have piles in my closet I would buy some myself! Quinn is a cutie!

カローラ said...

たくさん買ったねー!オンラインで布を買うのは大変だけど、確かに人のを見るとイメージがわきやすいよね。布が届いたら、懲りずに私もブログにアップするねー。

Mommymita said...

I can't wait to see what you sew. Don't forget to save the scraps to make underwear. I'll mail you the pattern

Marie' said...

カローラちゃん
いつも買うとなるといっぱい買っちゃうんだよね。スコットに食料だけじゃなくて生地も貯蔵してるのかときかれたよ。

Alison,
I can't believe I forgot to trace the underwear pattern. I even bought elastic for it too.

In your family's fashion, I would like to announce the purchase of a Janome Coverpro 1000cp from a seller on Craig's list in Seattle. It is coming tomorrow via UPS. I have been reading all the stuff on knowledge base about it. I am so excited!!

twoplustwins said...

Looks like lots of fun fabric. the way you move though projects I would say that shouldn't take you long :o). can't wait to see all the results!

Marie' said...

Kim,
I have been slowing down a bit. Quinn has been getting into things lately, and I can only sew when he is taking a nap.

What are you working on? I know you always have projects.

Mommymita said...

oh boy! you've got to blog it! Now I'm motivated to have a huge garage sale and try and get mine before the fall/winter sewing season hits us.

Congratulations!